how's this for a little romance~!? one of my begonias has these clumps of tiny little flowers (about the size of a pencil eraser) on looong stems at this time every year. which leaves me with actual floral valentine confetti for the whole month of february. how cool is that~!
it is time to show what i worked on for at least 15 minutes every day last week.
- tuesday, jan. 31st: finished a quilt binding ~ one fabric button
- wednesday, feb. 1st: quilting on pink lemonade quilt ~ hexie brainstorming
- thursday, feb. 2nd: quilting on pink lemonade quilt ~ practiced the herringbone stitch ~ herringbone stitched onto christmas stocking
- friday, feb. 3rd: practiced/experimented with herringbone stitch on fabric covered button
- saturday, feb. 4th: NADA
- sunday, feb. 5th: quilting on pink lemonade quilt
- monday, feb. 6th: quilting on pink lemonade quilt
if you would like to see what others are doing with their 15 minute challenge or you're interested in joining in you should visit Kate at Life in Pieces.
btw: i know that the double pink used in my pieced blocks is looking a bit purple/lavendar . . . i'm not exactly sure why i have (so far) been unsuccesful photographing it but i'll keep trying.
this is the fabric that i chose for the backing of the pink lemonade quilt. i adore this fabric and so wish that i had bought more of it~!! what's not to love. big fat bumblebees, sweet soft looking bunnies, lace, postal bits, hand written letter bits, alphabets, and more. i should have bought a whole bolt~!~instead i bought one yard. what was i thinking~!
i'm quilting the pink lemonade with a size 12 perle cotton and an embroidery needle. i'm also using a slightly larger stitch . . . making it not too fussy but still looking good.
and here are a few more of those fabric covered buttons that i just cannot seem to stop making.
recent gifts include:
- having several of my houseplants flowering which makes it slightly easier to wait for spring to get here
- having just enough time in my life to get a few more photos taken
- the availability of clean drinking water. right out of the tap. whenever i feel thirsty.