About Me

My photo
i am a creative person. mother to a daughter who is an active young woman and a constant blessing in my life. i hope that you enjoy your visit here and that you will return often.

Monday, February 11, 2013

Abundance quilt-along linky party

is it just me or does this shot make you want to weep with happiness too?!
okay, maybe it's the drugs . . .

Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
Henry David Thoreau
 
my big rex begonia is beginning it's annual flowering event. every year in early february it blooms and blooms and blooms. by the 14th (valentines day) the floor underneath of it is constantly filling with these tiny petals of pink confetti. it's messy but i LOVE it~!!~




i'm a little late joining in but here's my little Abundance quilt-along flimsy in it's entirety.
 
 
i like having most of my doll quilts finish up in a rectangular shape rather than a square . . . i guess it seems more like it's going to fit some sweet small dolly bed that way. . .   
anyway, i went a bit renegade (;-O) and added a border onto the top and the bottom of mine to get that preferred shape. it just so happened that i had a chunk of that (green with larger red flowers) fabric left on the table after getting all the rest of it  pieced and as it also happened to be exactly the same length as i needed i took that as a sign and simply cut it in half horizontally to get one piece for the top and one piece for the bottom. easy peasy and all done~!
it currently measures 16.75 x 12.5 inches.
 
this is the backing that i stitched together for it.
i used pieces left over from making the front to piece it together as well. none of them had to be adjusted in width and only one had to be trimmed in length.
 
 
the quilting will soon commence.
 
this was a really quick and a really fun little quilt-along hosted by Lori at Humble Quilts. if you've not had the pleasure of visiting her blog before i highly recommend that you do so. she's delightful in every way and a very active and talented quilter. if you have an interest in quilting you won't be disappointed.
 
today i'm linking up to the dolly quilt-along linky party there. there's bound to be many other sweet little "Abundance" quilts for you to admire should you decide to take a peek. i know that i can hardly wait to see what other interpretations have been created~!
 
 
 
 
 
recent gifts include:
  • feeling the love from all who have helped to care for me as i recover from my hip replacement surgery
  •  a gap between snowstorms as i travelled home
  • plenty of time to take all of the long sleepy naps that i need as my body heals
  • being 'greeted' by so many sweet comments on my blog ~ thank you~!!~ 
 
 

19 comments:

  1. I love your Abundance! That green print is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to see your post!! Yay! on getting through your surgery!!

    I love the little borders you added to Abundance! Another sweet little quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are feeling up to posting! Yay!
    I always want to make baby quilts rectangular so I know what you are thinking in terms of a doll quilt. Your Abundance looks fabulous with the borders and I look forward to seeing it quilted.
    Here's to lots of naps, healing and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of quilt loveliness here, Libby Q!
    I'm so glad you are feeling good, mending well.
    Rat grands. That's funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abundance is so lovely and and gracious. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much beauty in this post. Abundance is spectacular. The fabrics - wow! Your recent gifts really struck my heart. I was wondering where you were.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're recovering well. Slow and steady does it! And you jazzed up Abundance with some borders! Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you are recovering nicely! Abundance is quite sweet. I like the addition of the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Abundance is beautiful. I love how you added a border to the top and bottom. I'm glad you are doing well. I hope your recovery is quick. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I recognize some of the fabrics you used in your Abundance piece. Good choice of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear from you! Sounds like you are on the mend!! Beautiful pics as always!! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You were one of the brave few who ventured from the original color palette. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Abundance is lovely - I like your addition and the pieced backing.
    Begonias are so beautiful - love the texture in the leaves and flowers.
    Thank you for sharing. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is fantastic. There are some gorgeous prints here, and I like how you added the borders. The back is nice, too. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet Abundance quilt - like how you made it your own!! The fabrics you chose are very striking together and your piecing is so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so miss fresh flowers growing in the yard this time of year. Your photo is beautiful.
    Your QAL is wonderful. I like the browns. I too like a rectangle for dollys.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do not know much about knitting or sewing and the like. Some people would consider that shameful me being female and all but I just had to stop and say how talented you are and your work is very beautiful. I hope this puts a smile on your face and brightens your day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. your block is very nice. It seems really complicated, isn't it. I would like to test the patching too.

    ReplyDelete

i love knowing what your thoughts are and knowing that you've paid a visit if you have the time to drop a line or two.

i attempt to answer all comments and/or questions. if this is important to you make sure you are not set on no reply which leaves me no way to get back to you.

Followers