i had decided to share some of the background work that i've been doing within my art journal pages today and then as a last minute (much needed) diversion i took my background image into photoshop and created a digital art journal page with it.
the top shot is of the backgrounded page and is a piece of cardboard from a cereal box that has been painted with a white acrylic paint.
- a piece of calendar page
- a white paper doily
- dylusions spray inks
- a stamped image/sepia & light green ink
- lots of glue
it turned out a bit dark but i think i still like it. at any rate, it felt good to create without any other purpose in mind.
i am linking up with Art Journal Every Day at Balzer Designs .
the very talented Malita Bloomer of Artful Fancies by Malita Bloomer is guest posting today and i can hardly wait to see the pages that other art journalers have posted.
feel free to link over and see some of the mixed media eye candy for yourself.
i do have some stitched goodies to share but they will have to wait until another day.
recent gifts include:
- good friends happily sharing their smiles and time
- warm wooly socks on my feet
- the generosity and kindness of other bloggers
- surprise packages in the mail
- long chats with my mom and daughter over the thanksgiving holiday
- the (always reliable) comfort of creating