this first photo is one that was taken while i was in Honduras this past Christmas. i didn't think it was a great shot for a variety of reasons but i wasn't ready to totally give up on it either. so i tucked it away for possible future photoshop play and today while i was looking through my photos it popped out at me as a possibility for using with Bonnie's textures.
so this is what i did:
- cropped it square
- duplicated it
- added the Silent Memory texture at 40% opacity - hard light
- added the Fleeting Memory texture at 30% opacity - overlay
- flattened it
Morning Glory Memories
it's interesting how seeing and experimenting with this shot brought back so many different memories from this special trip. it was the first time i had seen my daughter in over a year and a half. not only was i happy to see her again (all whole and happy and oh so freckled) i was also pleased to be able to experience the country and people that she had been involved with during that time. while there with her i realized that she was a young lady with extraordinary discipline. she's tough as nails on the outside and amazingly resilient but inside she has a heart/spirit that aches to make the world a better place. what a winning combination (!!) and such a blessing in my life.
today's gifts included:
- a visit from a close friend
- trying out the newest kitchen gadget: a handy dandy cherry pitter.
- smelling the fresh lemon that i sliced for iced tea ~ lemons smell really good~!!~