i've been so busy that i forgot to post a finished photo of the baby quilt that my daughter and i made.
the blocks were put together while she was in Honduras and sewn by hand as she had no electricity. she used thrifted fabrics: the large middle squares were salvaged from a cotton man's shirt and the strips were salvaged from a set of flannel receiving blankets. upon returning from a Christmas visit i was able to bring them home and set about finishing the quilt. i squared up the blocks, set them together and added borders. then quilted using a heavier thread and a utility stitch.
i used the same fabric on the back as i did for the borders.
the binding is a double fold chambray.
i have forgotten the measurements of this one.
i happened to find a small bear that fit nicely into the pocket from the man's shirt that she used. it looks pretty cosy in there~!
the patch that she sewed onto the pocket was salvaged off of a thrifted baby garment.
this is the quilt top that i recently finished for an upcoming community fundraiser/auction. it measures approximately 40" square and i used only scrap fabrics to complete it.
i've pieced a flannel back for it and it's going to the machine quilter very soon.